Cowgirl Tunes

Friday, November 19, 2004

Budweiser

I know I must have thrown a few of you off with the title....but it's not what you think. I mean, I don't mind having a beer from time to time, but Budweiser? Come on!

Let me explain. As some might already know, I work for an animal nutrition company, so yesterday I had the wonderful pleasure of going to the Budweiser Clydesdales West Coast Team Breeding Facility. How cool is that? Well, it was! Those horses are so cool...so BIG....and just so...well ...cool! They're these big "gentle giants." They're such slow movers, they just kinda cruise around their little paddocks and seem to just be "chilling out" all the time. So I met with the guy who manages the team and we talked about horse feed. I can't really divulge the details, but let's just say that I may have the opportunity to service the most widely recognized horses in the united states! Everyone knows who the Budweiserr Clydesdales are! Even if you don't know the first thing about horses, you could probably tell me what a clydesdale looks like. So its all pretty exciting. Even if things don't go as planned, I still feel good about being able to go out there and visit with them and see the team. Yes, I know I sometimes complain about my job too much, but it does have its perks! I get to meet some interesting people and see some magnificent animals. Oh yeah, and if things DO work out....then I will have helped serve all the budweiser clydesdales nationwide, cuz all the horses across the US will end up using our products. Now that's cool!

Aside from that, yesterday was quite hectic. The phone was ringing off the hook and it seemed like everything that could go wrong, did. Then as if that wasn't enough...I was an hour late for my dentist appointment, where I was scheduled to....(evil music please) get my wisdom teeth yanked from my mouth! I imagine everyone wishes they would be late for that appointment, but I really didn't mean it. Really!

For those who have had their teeth pulled, consider yourselves lucky if your dentist "puts you under." You can wake up and you don't remember a single thing that has happened. I, on the other hand, didn't get that privilege. My dentist doesn't like putting people to sleep, so he just numbs you up nice and good, and pulls out the big, scary tools, and pulls away. I won't go into the details, but lets just say that it wasn't very pleasant. Especially when he had to numb one side of my mouth THREE TIMES because every time he would proceed with pulling, the pain was unbearable. Buck up you say? Well, I say NO! Remember, you got to go to sleep. I won't even describe the sensation that you feel in your jaw as he yanks those suckers out. I'm just glad its done.

Now I have to go spit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home