Cowgirl Tunes

Sunday, January 16, 2005

The Cowgirl's in the Kitchen

I cooked the BEST dinner tonight that I have ever made in my life! Some of you who may know me, may be thinking...oh no, I've had her food, and its just what a cowgirl would cook...yuk! No, let me tell you...this was incredible. Actually, my mom and I cooked it together...it was definitely a two person job. I got this particular cookbook a few years ago called A Cowboy in the Kitchen, and it was full of Tex-Mex recipes from the famous Reata Restaurant. Recently, my copy of the book got destroyed when our basement flooded and soaked the box that housed that book. But fortunately for me, a cowboy friend replaced it for me. Atta boy!

So we picked out a recipe tonight...Roasted pork tenderloin with apple-poblano chili chutney and dutch oven potatoes with dried fruit. Now was that a mouthful or what? MMM MMM GOOD! For anyone that has followed a recipe before, you know that when a recipe calls for you to turn to page such and such to see how to make such and such...blah blah blah...that it is going to be a tough recipe. And it was a little complicated...lots of ingredients that the average person does not have in their household. I mean, who has jalapeno jelly, for cryin' out loud? That was the only thing I couldn't find in the grocery store, but wouldn't you know it...we actually DID have it in our refrigerator! That's weird. I dont' know what else you use it for, but I noticed that it is called for in more than one recipe in this book. The book also tell you how to make it, but I didn't have time for that too. The chutney is killer. I want to start putting it in jars and selling it...it's THAT GOOD!

And you can't go wrong with pork tenderloin...I mean, it's always tender! The potatoes were basically a different take on traditional scalloped potatoes. But, man, were they oh-so-good!

So, the cowgirl CAN cook. But I guess I shouldn't have said anything, because now you may all be expecting me to cook for YOU! ah, think again.

1 Comments:

  • i can vouch for the deliciosity (is that a word) of the dinner. it was truly amazing. my own cooking skills are less than meager so i feel very inferior now, but i still enjoyed the meal.

    By Blogger grackyfrogg, at 9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home