Cowgirl Tunes

Friday, December 31, 2004

Happy New Year

I must apologize as it has been quite some time since I have posted to my blog. To all my faithful readers...and I know you are a select few...I am sorry for disappointing you. Much has happened too, but alas, I find it difficult to sit down and put my thoughts together to communicate effectively. That is what a sales postion does to a person...you spend so much time talking and communicating, you don't want to do it in your off time! :)

Cheers to a new year! Of course it is not quite midnight yet here on the West Coast, but I am ready for bed and have little care for ringing in the new year. I suppose it would be fun if I were at some great party, but I find that I can be somewhat of a party pooper and unsociable at times. So here I am during yet another New Year's Eve and spending it in the comfort of my own home, where I don't have to dodge the crazies on the freeways or wonder how I myself am going to get home after a long night of....ahem. Just kidding. I prefer sticking close to home. I think I am getting old.

No resolutions this year. I am continuing the tradition. I don't think I have ever really made a new year's resolution. Why do people have to wait until the new year to resolve something? That's a sure sign of the failure that is to come. I mean, if they couldn't resolve to do it the minute they thought of it, then do they actually think that they will be effective at adhering to their own rules after the new year? I don't think so! And I've said enough about that because Lord knows we have all read way too many editorials about new year's resolutions gone awry, so I will spare you the agony of yet another.

Here's to hoping that you all have a wonderul evening surrounded by friends and family! Here's to a safe holiday! And God bless us...everyone!

The Cowgirl

2 Comments:

  • amen to no new year's resolutions. i was going to make one about being less forgetful but i forgot. hmm.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:44 PM  

  • I completely agree with the resolution thing. It's like, is there any better way to set yourself up for failure than to promise (reeeeeallly promise) that you'll do something better, or stop doing something altogether, without creating any realistic way of making it work? It's just no good. :)

    Your solitary new year sounds sort of appealing. Mine are always pretty anticlimactic and/or lame. (this one was the former but, luckily, not the latter) I'm thinking that next year I need to do an extreme of one sort or the other... either a totally outrageous party or a bedtime of 11:00. I think I'm leaning towards the early bedtime though since all new year's eve seems to do for me now is to remind me that I'm getting older.

    Becca :o)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home