Cowgirl Tunes

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Mudslides

Southern California took a beating over the last couple weeks and I have already had my share of the flooding fun. Today, I got a little taste of tragedy. Many may have heard about the tragic mudslides in La Conchita. I didn't even know where La Conchita was until today when I drove up that way to see a customer. The freeway was closed off and traffic was horrible. When I met with my customer, she informed me that a good friend of theirs had been killed in the mudslide. It doesn't seem as bad when you hear about people dying on TV, but when someone actually knows the person, it seems so much more vivid.

As I was driving up that way, I passed a few boarding stables and noticed there were no horses there. I was informed that some of them had been flooded out and the horses had to be relocated to other facilities. The destruction was incredible! The small creek had turned into a rushing river. There was mud lining the sides of the road and water spilling over.

In the midst of this terrible destruction, and the tragedy in Indonesia, let's just remember to pray for the families of those lost and whose property has been destroyed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home