Cowgirl Tunes

Monday, January 31, 2005

Older and Rounder

It's my birthday tomorrow! I will be a whopping 26 years old! Wow, I feel old. I am now officially MORE than a quarter of a century old. Actually, I don't feel old except for my level of physical activity has decreased significantly since starting this job over a year ago. I am starting to realize that the older you get, the harder it is to get back in shape if you have not been staying in shape. Just this past year I started to go running every day. I used to run 3 miles a day and it took me no time at all to get my muscles in shape and then I would just go and run it. This past year, however, I found that my body was screaming for me to walk more and I didn't have as much motivation to run the whole distance. I seemed to not be able to maintain that level of activity. It is really hard to come to terms with that and then it makes me mad that I do not have the time to work out like I once did. It is especially hard in the winter time when the days are short. I keep telling myself to wake up early and go running, but my bed is so nice and cozy.

When I first started running a few years ago, I had great motivation. I think I am going to create that motivation again this year, and I invite all of you to join me. I have twice run in the Revlon Run/Walk for Women to raise money for breast and ovarian cancer research. I think I am going to sign up for it again. It occurs on Mother's Day weekend in May down here in Los Angeles. The 5k marathon ends in the LA Coliseum and it is a tremendously touching experience.

Check out the website, then determine for yourself if you are interested in joining the fight against breast and ovarian cancer. Maybe I'll see you there in May!

http://revlonrunwalk.com/


2 Comments:

  • Happy Birthday!Ah, 26....it was one of the best times in my life...I wish the same for you. Enjoy every moment (even when working out)You are awesome!
    Love, Aunt B

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:12 AM  

  • My stupid work computer won't let me log on. Anyway, happy birthday Sue!! You are at a great age, it's all downhill from here. Kidding, I'm kidding! I know about the rounder thing, too. It gets harder to get motivated, I don't know what it is about advancing age. Anyway, have a great time being 26!
    Your older bud,
    Christie

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home